If you add up all those hours spent standing in supermarket lines scanning the magazines and tabloids it could be a month of your life. But your learned something in that time. Think about the headlines that made you reach for the articles — the quiz that would tell you if you were “the one”…
Writing a great headline is a sensational way to get started writing a blog post. Write the headline and the rest will fall into place.
- Don’t be subtle. Use strong keywords and deliver the content you promise.
- Use numbers. Tell people what they will get when they read your blog post.
- Be emotional. Best, worst, disaster, taboo, triumph, sensational, failure…
- Use reverse psychology. How to lose a guy in 10 days.
- Ask a “Cosmo Question” like “What do guys really want?”
How do you get started with a blog post? Do you start with the title or a sentence that captures the idea? Let us know!